Every year, Global Encounters sends teams of young people on short-term mission trips all over the world. However, their aging website was no longer able to keep up with the demands of their growing outreach.
Mindy Holt had created a trendy design in Photoshop for their new website and they came to us for the site coding, programming, configuration, and migration.
Here are a few of the techy solutions that we used on this project to effectively and efficiently meet the client’s requirements:
- Responsive Layout. We utilized the Canvas template by WooThemes to jumpstart the project and give us a responsive framework around which to code the site.
- ECommerce. The popular WooCommerce plugin allowed us to implement a full-featured eCommerce solution in WordPress.
- Trip Finder. We harnessed the power of Toolset to quickly build our own custom WordPress content types.
- Complex Online Forms. Gravity Forms is definitely one of the best form-building packages for WordPress and allowed them to be able to configure their own web forms.
- Media. For a rich media experience, such as photo galleries and video channels, we plugged in Vipers Video Quicktags, Vimeography, and NextGen Gallery
- Email Hosting. We migrated them over to a complete Google Apps installation for their ministry networking needs.
We greatly enjoyed working with the Global Encounters team and wish them the best in their future adventures!
Visit globalencounter.com and let us know what you think!